Clinton, LA

"Clinton was founded in 1824 to be the seat of the newly created Parish of East Feliciana. It was located on high ground near Pretty Creek, on a tract of land that had been granted by the Spanish government to Lewis Yarbrough. Susan and John Bostwick and James Holmes purchased it from Yarbrough and, after donating three lots to the new town – one for a courthouse, one for a spring (which still flows) and one for a jail – then subdivided the rest for the new town. The town was incorporated in 1852."

East Feliciana Parish Courthouse Clinton La1.jpg

Attractions include:

East Feliciana Parish Courthouse – c. 1840
Lawyer’s Row – c. 1840 to 1860
St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church – 1871
Marston House – c. 1837
Commercial buildings, residences and cemeteries
Clinton’s Mural Series

Historic East Feliciana Awaits You! Jackson, LA: East Feliciana Parish Tourist Commission.

Read More about Clinton on Wikipedia.
Glenda Daughety
Glenda Daughety
Team Leader/Associate
13360 Coursey Blvd, Suite B Baton Rouge LA 70816